Dog Eats Chocolate

Do you own a dog? If so, you need to know that chocolate is a definite no-no. The fact of the matter is that chocolate can make your dog very sick, and can even be lethal in some circumstances. So for this reason, keeping your dog away from chocolate is of utmost importance.

If your dog eats chocolate the first thing that you need to do is get an idea of how much it has ingested. Luckily, if a dog only eats a very small amount, such as a teaspoonful or less, it should not cause any problems (depending on its size.) Your dog may get more active and vomit, but it should not be harmed in the long run.

But on the other side of things if your dog eats an entire chocolate bar or digs into a cake, you will have a problem on your hands. The best thing to do at this point is get your dog to the vet. This way, your dog will be in the right hands while trying to get the chocolate out of their body.

Overall, dogs and chocolate do not mix. You should take every precaution that you can in order to ensure that your dog never gets in contact with chocolate.

About Us

4VetClinics.com is an online website that is dedicated to helping you find a vet clinic.

We also provide general information on how to properly train and raise pets.

Our Directory

Our vet directory contains nearly 30,000 entries.

Pet Emergencies

For any pet emergency you will want to know where the closest animal hospital or vet clinic is located.

Although you will want to try to help on your own, getting your pet to a professional is also very important. You should have the phone number and address of the closest pet hospital so that you can get in touch with them within a matter of seconds.